The semi-trucks weighs between 16,000 – 20,000 pounds. Semi-truck accidents are more likely to lead to serious injuries and death. The trucking industry is closely monitored by both the local and the state regulations to ensure the semi-trucks operate safely and in accordance with the regulations. The guidelines regarding driver eligibility, truck maintenance, and capacity of cargo are among the regulations to ensure the public is safe. The injuries from accidents involving semi-trucks are much more serious compared to passenger cars.
If you happen to be involved in a collision with a semi-truck, ensure you do the following:
- Call the police. Majority of the collisions involving the semi-truck will either reduce traffic flow or block traffic flow substantially.
- Take photographs. Take the photographs of the scene of the accident using your camera or cellphone.
- Take note of your personal observations. Write down the statements of the driver and the witnesses. Record the events if possible.
- Obtain the contact details and statements of the witnesses.
- Get medical attention if needed.
If you have been in a serious accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer from Caruso Law Offices, PC for professional legal help.